The powerful healing energy of Reiki can have many wonderful benefits for pets as well as their owners.
Benefits for pets may include:
- Alleviating anxiety, stress, nervousness and producing a state of calm
- Increasing energy levels and overall well-being
- Supplementing medical treatments
- Helping to heal after surgery, injury or trauma
- Relieving aches, pains, strains and allergies
- Addressing issues with the coat, skin or feathers
- Getting pets through depression or bereavement
- Owners benefit from knowing they are passing along loving kindness and healing, all of which strengthens the bond between you and your pet.
How It Works
If safe to do so and I have permission from your animal friend, I will keep him/her in my open hand or lay my warm hands on them, making sure that they are comfortable and can move freely to breathe. If your pet sits still, I will place my other hand directly on the area that seems to be afflicted. If your pet won’t sit still, I will hold my other hand up to four inches above your pet, or place my hands lovingly on their cage or bedding where they sleep.
If you’re not comfortable using Reiki on your pet yourself, seeking out a veterinarian that incorporates Reiki techniques or a Reiki practitioner that treats animals, is an amazing way to ensure that your animal friend still gets to enjoy this wonderful treat.
Finding a Reiki Practitioner
To learn more about how Reiki can help you and your pets or to schedule a Reiki session, please use the contact form below to reach out to me. If your pet is sick or injured be sure of course to see your veterinarian. Reiki may help in conjunction with your veterinarian’s care.
Please Note: Reiki is meant to be used as a complement to traditional care or as a personal relaxation or stress reducing tool. It isnot a substitute for qualified medical or traditional care.